Windermere is an IB World and Round Square School, stunningly situated in the heart of the Lake District and overlooking the shores of Windermere.
Science/Laboratory Support Technician (Part-Time)
15 hours per week over 4 or 5 days, term time only.
This position provides important support services for the School’s Science Department, comprising seven full and part-time teaching staff. The Science Department educates students to IGCSE and International Baccalaureate Diploma standard and relies heavily on the Science/Laboratory Technician(s) to underpin teaching with the following key services:
- Providing equipment, materials and physical assistance needed in the Science Laboratories for practical lessons.
- Maintaining stocks and records, and carrying out other tasks such as maintenance, cleaning equipment and storage areas in support of the Science Department.
- Advising staff on matters relating to Health and Safety and to taking on responsibility for specific roles detailed separately in the Science Department Safety Policy.
- Supporting a wider remit to help recruit and retain students through, for example, assisting at School and public events, including Open Days (some of which are at weekends).
To apply for one of the above positions please download the following:
- An application form, self-disclosure form and explanatory notes about completing the forms and the recruitment process;
- The relevant Job Description;
- The School’s Policy Statements on Child Protection and on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders.
and return the correctly completed application form to Mr Ian Lavender, Headmaster, Windermere School, Patterdale Road, Windermere, Cumbria LA23 1NW, or email HR@windermereschool.co.uk.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Friday 2 June 2017
Windermere School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
T +44 (0)15394 46164
11 May 2017