Miss Catherine Sharpe opened a small school at East Bank, Lytham. The School for the Accomplished moved premises several times as it grew into St Anne’s High.
Browhead built. Later owned by Mr Wood, Chairman of the Daimler car company, who added Hodge Howe and planted the ornamental gardens and shrubberies, laid out an ornamental boating lake and tennis courts.
‘New Elleray’ built by Mr Arthur Heywood of Manchester on the site of Professor Wilson’s (Christopher North’s) House.
St Anne’s, addition of ‘Oversands House’ and ‘Riversands’ in 1908.
St Anne’s added to the list of schools’ approved by the board of Education, senior and junior sections separated and ‘Wynslade House’.
Mrs Leigh and Miss Morrison from St Anne’s visit Windermere for an old girls wedding. They were taken to visit Browhead which they subsequently bought.
With an extra week’s spring holiday, the school moved to Windermere at a total cost of £210, using the train and 24 pantechnicon lorries.
Elleray purchased from Mr Riggs, owner of the Windermere Hotel.
Windermere St Anne’s became a Trust
Crampton Hall was built.
Mr Michael Jenkins appointed as Headmaster.
Became a Round Square member School. Construction of the Science block and four departmental buildings.
The Jenkins Centre for performing arts and the dining room were built.
Westmorland House built for Sixth Form students.
Hodge Howe Pavilion refurbished and opened by Prince Andrew.
Senior school became co-educational and changed name to Windermere St Anne’s School. Miss Wendy Ellis appointed as Headmistress.
Langdale House opened as the new boarding house for boys.
Mr Allan Graham appointed as Headmaster. Approved as an IB World School.
Mr Ben Freeman appointed as Headmaster of Elleray.
Mr Ian Lavender appointed as Headmaster.
School changes name from Windermere St Anne’s School to Windermere School.