Windermere School, the Sunday Times International Baccalaureate School of the Year 2018, is an IB World and Round Square School stunningly situated in the heart of the Lake District and overlooking the shores of Windermere.
This role is full-time during school terms, and three days per week during school holidays.
As the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant, you will be working at the Senior School on Patterdale Road. The School Office is open throughout the year between the hours of 8am and 5pm during term time, 9.30am and 4pm during School holidays, and 8.30am to 12.30pm on Saturday mornings during term time. We are looking for someone to work three full days each week in Reception and two days in the General Services Department. The successful applicant will also participate in the Saturday morning duty Rota, which operates during term time. It is essential that candidates have a high standard of literacy and numeracy, together with excellent customer service and ICT skills.
Hours of Work
- During term time, the hours for three days each week in Reception will be 8.00am to 5pm (leaving the Office at 4.45pm to allow time to travel to the Royal Mail Sorting Office with the post), with half an hour for lunch (unpaid). The hours on the remaining two days will be from 8.30am to 2.30pm, with a degree of flexibility to suit the school and the post-holder.
- During school holidays the post-holder will work from 9.30am to 4pm for three days each week.
- All staff might be required to work any Bank Holiday when the School is in operation.
- From 1 September 2018 £8.24 per hour.
To apply, please download the following :
- An application form, self-disclosure form and explanatory notes about completing the forms and the recruitment process;
- The Job Descriptions for a Receptionist and the Administrative Assistant in General Services
- The School’s Policy Statements on Child Protection and on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders.
and return the correctly completed application form to Mr Ian Lavender, Headmaster, Windermere School, Patterdale Road, Windermere, The Lake District LA23 1NW, or email HR@windermereschool.co.uk.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 20 July 2018
We reserve the right to make an appointment before the closing date so early applications are encouraged. Applications will only be considered when submitted on a fully completed school application form.
Windermere School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
T: +44 (0)15394 46164
Windermere School, Patterdale Road, Windermere, The Lake District, LA23 1NW