We have a vacancy for a Part-time Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to work in the Senior School on Patterdale Road. The School Office is open throughout the year between the hours of 8am and 5pm during term time, 9.30am and 4pm during School holidays and 8.30am to 12.30pm on Saturday mornings during term time. We are looking for someone to work two or three full days each week as a job-share with another part-time Receptionist who currently works three days each week. The part-time Receptionists will also participate in the Saturday morning duty rota which operates during term time. It is essential that candidates have a high standard of literacy and accuracy, together with excellent customer service, proof-reading and ICT skills.
Hours of Work
• This is a part-time position, working throughout the year. During term time the working day will be 8.00am to 5pm (leaving the Office at 4.45pm to allow time to travel to the Royal Mail Sorting Office with the post), with half an hour for lunch (unpaid).
• During school holidays the hours will be shorter to compensate for longer term-time days.
• The part-time Receptionist/Administrative Assistant might be required to work any Bank Holiday when the School is in operation.
• £8.10 per hour.
Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 4 June 2018.
To apply for the above vacancy, please download the following:
• An application form, self-disclosure form and explanatory notes about completing the forms and the recruitment process;
• The Job Description for a full-time role as an indication of the responsibilities involved;
• The School’s Policy Statements on Child Protection and on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders.
and return the correctly completed application form to Mr Ian Lavender, Headmaster, Windermere School, Patterdale Road, Windermere, The Lake District LA23 1NW, or email HR@windermereschool.co.uk.
Windermere School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.