Whether you are worried about something that has happened to you or someone you know, your mental health, or anything else in your life, it can really help to talk to someone you trust.
We are here for you, whatever is on your mind. We can support you, guide you and help you make decisions that are right for you. If you need to talk you can click here or you email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is available in School for you?
- Designated Safeguarding Lead, Browhead (DSL): Mrs S Brown
- Designated Safeguarding Lead, Elleray (DSL): Mrs J Davies
- Designated Safeguarding Lead for EYFS (EYFS DSL): Mr A Bond
- Designated Safeguarding Lead for online safety: Mr T Ridal
- Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs E Vermeulen
- Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs L Moses
The Headmaster, Head of Elleray, Heads of Section, Tutors, Class Teachers, House Staff and Matrons are always available, but you can speak with any member of staff at Windermere School – either on your own or with a friend.
Who is available outside of School?
- Your parents or guardians may be people you would wish to speak with.
- The School’s Independent Listener is Sue Hanisch – Telephone: 07711276270
- The School Doctor: 01539488484
Staff will always respect your confidentiality but if there are concerns for your, or anyone else’s, safety and well-being then this information will need to be shared with a member of the Designated Safeguarding Team. Staff will always tell you when information is going to be shared. Information will only ever be shared with the appropriate people.
Statement regarding Peer-on-Peer Abuse
Windermere School does not tolerate sexual violence or sexual harassment. We do not consider it an inevitable part of growing up and take disclosures of this nature very seriously. Such disclosures will not be dismissed. Windermere School recognises that tolerating such behaviours, normalises them. The Windermere School Safeguarding and Child Protection policy reflects these views.
Kooth: www.kooth.com (Online counseling service)
NSPCC sexual abuse and harassment hotline: 0800136663
Mindline Cumbria: http://www.mindlinecumbria.org/ Mental health information, guidance, and support.
Internet Matters: #staysafestayhome hub. The hub has information about setting devices up safely, age-appropriate conversations to have, and resources to support families’ wellbeing.
BBC Own It: BBC Own It app helps children stop and think before they press the ‘send’ button.