Careers and Life Beyond School
29 September 2022
It does seem a little strange to be talking about life after school when the term and year have just begun, but at Windermere we realise that for students to fulfil their potential and embrace the world when they leave us, they need to be fully aware and prepared for the options out there. As well as the Life Skills and Careers Programme running through the curriculum, we direct students and parents/guardians to look at the additional opportunities available.
Our aim is to guide students so they can make their own informed decisions about their futures.
‘Your future, Your Decisions, Your Responsibility’
Listed below are the vast range of opportunities for students to explore. The most successful students in school and beyond are often those who explore a range of potential career pathways through work experience (in person and virtually), and investigate every opportunity, even those that at first glance do not appeal them:
- Year 5-13 Ambulance Academy
- Year 8-13 Invitation to Parents/Guardians – Success Beyond School ‘ How to coach teenagers towards a successful career’
- Year 10-13 For any students interested in any healthcare profession
- Year 10-13 Guide to Apprenticeships
- Year 11-13 Degree Apprenticeships
- Year 10-13 Army Leadership – Scholarships and Bursaries
- Year 11-13 Dream Placement – Work Experience with Senior Leaders in Local Businesses
- Year 12-13 Virtual Work Experience Opportunities
– Mrs Theresa Murray, Careers and Pathways Coordinator